Original Meyers Manx Hardtop Hardware (and side windows?)

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
ss396conv

Original Meyers Manx Hardtop Hardware (and side windows?)

Post by ss396conv »

I finally found an original Meyers Manx hardtop and need to find the original clamps and hold-downs. Any thoughts on where I can find them? I found a set on the Manx website in the UK but was hoping to find something closer. Also, does anyone know if BF Meyers offered a set of glass side windows for the hardtop? I have seen a few sets in older videos on YouTube. I have been looking for a set for a while. I was hoping to find a set to get a few more months of driving out of my buggy.

Thanks,

John
FulsGld

Re: Original Meyers Manx Hardtop Hardware (and side windows?

Post by FulsGld »

Hey;

This kind of brings up a question for me. I know the the Manx store sells the Manx top for the original body. If one purchases one of these, does it come with brackets and clamps? If it does, then maybe you can purchase the bracket/clamp kit from them. Just thinking inside the box here...
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Here are the fixings that are supplied with the hardtops that Meyers manx currently sell, and also the instructions, copied from the Meyers Manx Forum...http://www.meyersmanx.info/forum/index.php

73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

What's the spring for?
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

To keep the front edge of the top that fits into the groove in the windshield tight. Which is why the groove on the windshield is supposed to face forward. Tom