Kick-Out SS Build

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I would like to post the build of my Kick-Out SS on the Manx Club Forums.  Can someone please give me the link on how to post pictures from photobucket?  I know they have to be @ 640 x 480, but how do you move them here?  Thanks!  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
10ovr

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by 10ovr »

Hay Tom,It well be good to see another build,,,,OK here we go,,,After you down load you picture on the bucket ,Click on the picture and go to full size,,On you left you well see IMG Code,,Click on that,It's now copied,,Then go to the Manx site,,Post what you want to say ,then go to edit,,Click on paste,The picture well go to the post,,Click preview and see how it looks,,,I'm not the best with a computer and its lingo but this should get you there,, ,Tim
Last edited by 10ovr on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsturtlebuggy

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Alright another Kick Out getting ready for the road. And it being a SS model that is cool!

I am #12 T with the flat windshield.

So far I have seen only Bruce's #1, Ray's #2 and mine running.

Looking to seeing more of them out there soon.

The guy in the Bay area has the one that in the pictures on the Meyers Manx.com website but have not seen anymore pictures if he as it running on the street yet.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I will try a test picture or 3.  This is Kick-Out # 16.  I picked that number because Kathleen's Manxter is # 16.

This is the Super beetle donor car that Kevin Zagar at Mendeola got to get a chassis.  It is a 1972, so I can get in the car shows that have a 1972 cutoff date.

The chassis was stripped and ready for the modifications to make it a S2 chassis. 

Here is the finished shortened chassis.  I supplied Mendeola with the VW instructions on how to do it.  They modified the S2 Manxter chassis jig so they could build shortened chassis for Kick-Outs.  They installed new pans as part of the modifications for the a-arm front end and modified rear trailing arm set-up.  The next step was to wait for the body kit to be done by Bruce.  Tom

Last edited by Tom-Kathleen on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Tim - Thanks for the photo importing tips.
The following pictures are the kit arriving at my house on Tuesday.  Some assy required.

You can see the Porsche 944 Turbo brakes in the shelf below the chassis on the rolling table that will be installed on the car. I plan to use the 17 & 18" replica Fuchs that Airkewld sells after I figure out the offsets and tire sizes needed.

Unpacking the body so everything can be moved into the garage. I got the sidepods, rear cover and rear bumper.  This will not be a quick build, I have a lot of custom things to do, but I will post updates.  I also need to get Kathleen involved, it is payback time for building her car!  Thanks for looking!  Tom 
Last edited by Tom-Kathleen on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
towd-dude

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by towd-dude »

I just know it's gonna be gorgeous... Looking forward to watching your progress and seeing this build in the Mania...
Bob
10ovr

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by 10ovr »

Thats sweet Tom,,Like the color,,,Would love to see a picture of the front,,,,,,
MyBlueBuggy

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

I agree. That color is awesome.

Congratulations! Enjoy your build Tom. I cannot wait to see your progress.
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks Bob, Tim & Tom.  Here is a picture of the front.  It is Canadian Blue metalflake.

Please ignore the black chassis & bottom of the car.  I am doing this the opposite color scheme as Kathleen's car.  Her car has the Canadian blue (not metalflake) on the bottom and white metalflake on top.  We haven't picked the exact bottom color yet for my car, but it will be different.

I am reusing the 2275cc aircooled and built transaxle from my old car, but I hope to go fuel injection.  I want to hide as much of the mechanicals as I can, and add street rod "smooth" touches everywhere I can.  That is why this build will take a while.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
louisb

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by louisb »

Looks like the start to a great build. Please keep us updated on your progress. I really like that color with the flake.

--louis
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks Louis!  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
10ovr

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by 10ovr »

So Tom,,She done yet????,,How she drive,,LOL ,, Long time,No update,,,,,
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I have made some some progress, but not much, and it is not the kind of progress you can take a picture of.  I have been gettting ready to go to the Mammoth Lakes event with the new buggy hauler, getting my old buggy running again, going to cruises & events and keeping the Manxter running.

This is going to take a while, but I will post progress pictures.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
louisb

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by louisb »

It is funny how 85% of the stuff you do to build a buggy isn't worth putting in pictures. I want to see how that A-Arm front suspension is going to work. I would seriously consider doing that for my next build. (Did I just say next build? The heat must be getting to me.)

--louis
Grumpy One

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Grumpy One »

Louis,

Have you looked at this link?

S2-T1 Chassis

Grumpy