Kick-Out SS Build

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
louisb

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by louisb »

Wow, $2695 for the basic chassis is not bad. I think I would prefer a full tube chassis for the next build though. (And a new body to bolt to it.)

--louis
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Here is a progress report -  sometimes progress on the new buggy, is selling the old buggy.  I sold my old buggy yesterday.  I took it to the Terryville show last Sunday, put a For Sale sign on it.  Got a call Monday, and they guy picked it up yesterday.  He has seen the car for years, so I know it is going to a good home in another part of CT.  I'm going to miss it, but now I have more room & $$$.  Tom

Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

You would think that being retired would give me all kinds of time to work on this car.  Sometimes it does, somtimes it dosen't.  Well lately I have been making progress.  Got the suspension and 944 turbo brake assembled for a trial fit, some tweaking required!  See photo's.  Don't mind the aluminum angle iron shocks, they are just to help figure out what the ride height is going to be.  The front calipers are not on yet because I have to figure out which spindle will work.  Right now they are Karman Ghia.  Mendeola offers 1.1" drop spindles and I have a set of CB 2 1/2" drop spindles if all those are too high.  Thanks!  Tom

Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
louisb

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by louisb »

Nice looking chassis.

--louis
Tom-Kathleen

Kick-Out SS Build

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks!  Louis.  This is just the put it together and make it fit/work trial.  Some fabrication required.  It will then have to come apart and make it look good.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT