Resorter

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

Perfect thanks.
FulsGld

Resorter

Post by FulsGld »

Hey;

So I measured the Turista's windshield from the top of the frame to the bottom of the frame, and it is 19-1/4". I decided to measure the windshield on FULSGLD (the ManxVair) and it is 16-1/4" from top to bottom. Don't quite know what to make of this difference. Anyway, there you go...
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

Thanks for the measurement. I think it's for the line of sight for the people in the back? Just a guess?
YumaManx

Re: Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

Update on my Resorter. After it sitting for a number of years I decided to take it to Tuna's to be finished. Things didn't go well there as far as quality and deadlines. I'm reluctant to say more, but let's just say I was not happy. So now I have to regroup and figure out what I'm going to do? I've had a few great conversations with DB to help me with some metal fab. I will update as soon as there is any progress.
FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

Hey YumaManx;

Keep us (or me) posted on what's going on. Am really looking forward to seeing what you have planned and what you have done with the Resorter. My fiberglass guy just had a stroke and isn't in any shape to deal with roof molds. Going to find another guy. BTW, I'm in Yuma right now for a couple of days. Didn't bring the Turista cause the wife wanted to bring the car. Will be back around Lodi in a couple of weeks. Will try to get in touch with you and come over and see ya. Love your Resorter

Gary Berry
Currently in Yuma, AZ
YumaManx

Post by YumaManx »

I'm sorry to hear about your FG guy. Email me if you don't have my number. It would be great to see you when you're in Lodi. I live real close to Flag City off of 5.