Found a Manx2?

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
langan

Re: Found a Manx2?

Post by langan »

Hi Paul
You can buy S.S. tubing and AN fittings. So instead of braided S.S. tubing you can run hard lines. For example oil lines from engine to filter could be hard lines if filter was mounted to engine or trans. Less money and maybe cleaner looking. Both have there good and bads.4737
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Gotcha...
I guess I have prepped race cars too long, have seen solid lines cracked from vibrations so naturally think of flex lines for oil systems.
Always go back to what we know.... :lolno:
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
langan

Post by langan »

Paul you are correct about cracking. I just think from motor to trans mount would look better. I am still happy with what I have and just got some tube separators.
Say how is that Toad of yours doing?
hillmotorsports

Poor.topic....
In spite.of my/our best efforts live keeps getting in the way. Business commitments, my health, our CP afflicted daughter's health issues, my failing mother in a long term care facility....it all steals time from our "fun" projects. I keep hoping to see a.light at the end.of the tunnel but so far it has only been more trains!
Someday.....
Meanwhile I live my life vicariously through people like you (and your projects), our 2 racer sons and 5 other kids.
Life goes on!
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
langan

Post by langan »

Made the muffler, and modified ball joint front end for cool shocks to match rears
langan

Post by langan »

Wow Paul sorry to here all that. Why dont you have one of the full time builders on here finnish up your Toad and just enjoy it when you can? Time is short.
hillmotorsports

Thanks for your consideration Jim but...
Just when you think things are stabilizing....

First the Cummins in our motor home gave up the fight. Luckily we were only 45 miles from home after a 2700 mile trip to Canada's east coast but it still added to the to do list.

Then the latest..... we had bought a rural property 2 years ago with the thought of future retirement.... insulated and heated 3 car garage/ship was a major attraction..... and had finished the dirty end of a total renovation, totally stripped the interior to the bare studs and trusses. Last week it was completely consumed by fire, the cause and origin investigator presuming a lightning strike but there was truly nothing left to assist their search but charcoal.
On the plus side no one was hurt, it was insured, and now we can start with a clean sheet of paper. The down side.... ANOTHER pronect i hadn't planned on.
We seem to be blessed with that old Chinese curse... "May you live in interesting times"!

Paul
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
langan

Post by langan »

Dont know what to say about all that. Hope things get better soon