New to the manx club

If you have a photos of your buggy then show off your stuff.
rustyb

New to the manx club

Post by rustyb »

Hi All, New member here with two buggies, one in AZ and one in WA. Bought them both in AZ and relocated one to WA. The first buy was a nostalgia pick, Dune Runner Mini Mercedes. We had one growing up and my brother and I always thought the nose was cool. Had not seen another one in the fifty years since dad came home with the first then just happened upon on CL out in Wexler AZ. Out of commission for a decade or so, so price was right even though it needed about everything.

The second one was an abandoned project that I bought as a parts donor for the Dune Runner. It turned out none of the parts were usable so it was either park it on the curb with a "Free" sign on it, or turn it into a viable buggy. It had a reasonable Manx copy body (no idea of the maker) that had been hacked to within an inch of it's life and bolted to a purpose built tube frame. The tube frame had been similarly hacked up with the roll cage part just cut off, nubs left on just so you had something to scratch yourself on. Spent five weeks at the AZ house on that build and made a very good start.

calebmelvin

Re: New to the manx club

Post by calebmelvin »

Welcome Rusty!

I really love how they both turned out...yellow buggies rock too!
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Welcome to the madness!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
jhkinca

Post by jhkinca »

Great story and progress; next on your list should be to join the Manx club (if not already done) and come up to Big Bear in a few months.
John & Sonya Kieslich