My french Manx

If you have a photos of your buggy then show off your stuff.
Bugmanx

Re: My french Manx

Post by Bugmanx »

I work on the manx This week-end :
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

I recieve my certificat and my Numbers
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

And the buggy is at home 8)

lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Nice Job, well done! you are almost done. keep at it, get it done, summer is near.
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

lastmanx wrote:Nice Job, well done! you are almost done. keep at it, get it done, summer is near.
Thanks, I have a lot of job in order to drive it
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

I know what is left to complete. It is the most time consuming and tedious. You are at a point most people quit. Just force yourself to get it done. I have been where you are at multiple times and I have found, the build now changes from fun to work. I only want to encourage you to keep at it. As an example: look at buggy for sale ads, you will see them just needing little work; like seat install, wiring, or minor finishing. Believe me there is a big difference in value (both $$$ and fun factor) when a buggy is complete and drivable. You can do it, take your time but not too much time. Again well done so far.
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

lastmanx wrote:I know what is left to complete. It is the most time consuming and tedious. You are at a point most people quit. Just force yourself to get it done. I have been where you are at multiple times and I have found, the build now changes from fun to work. I only want to encourage you to keep at it. As an example: look at buggy for sale ads, you will see them just needing little work; like seat install, wiring, or minor finishing. Believe me there is a big difference in value (both $$$ and fun factor) when a buggy is complete and drivable. You can do it, take your time but not too much time. Again well done so far.
A friend fond me the body and I did not hesitate
between the beginning of the construction and now, I bought a house with some works
so I stopped the buggy
now the buggy is at home and I can tinker when I want
since the age of 20 I wanted a manx, now I'm going to have 50 ;-)
so he will roll this manx ;-)
thank you for your post ;-)
i have advanced on the wiring but i am waiting for cable and parts
The last photo :
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Getting the house, and being able to work on buggy there is perfect. My formula for building is to work 1 hour daily on buggy. It forces me to do something to continue the build. As incentive for you; go look at your buggy build every day. It will keep it foremost in your mind, and you may do some work however small to work towards completion. Any small task completed is a task working towards completion. As another incentive: Every day you do nothing on your build, is a day I am enjoying a fun ride in my completed buggy. My buggy was built in year 2000, it took 1 year to build, and has been enjoyed ever since. I hope this helps Keep smiling and build on!
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
lastmanx wrote:Getting the house, and being able to work on buggy there is perfect. My formula for building is to work 1 hour daily on buggy. It forces me to do something to continue the build. As incentive for you; go look at your buggy build every day. It will keep it foremost in your mind, and you may do some work however small to work towards completion. Any small task completed is a task working towards completion. As another incentive: Every day you do nothing on your build, is a day I am enjoying a fun ride in my completed buggy. My buggy was built in year 2000, it took 1 year to build, and has been enjoyed ever since. I hope this helps Keep smiling and build on!
:thumbup:
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Incentive tip: Last night I attended a 2000 car cruise night at Gillette stadium in Foxboro Massachusetts . I was the only Dune buggy there, because my buggy was completed.4360. Build but don't compromise quality, my build was uncompromised using quality parts as I wanted to build it only once; and it had to last forever. So far it has 18 years. It was built in year 2000, and the aggravation of the build has faded to only fond memories4356. Some day the other buggy builds in my area will be completed and I won't be the only buggy at the cruise night. But not last night5056 buggy on and keep smiling. :wink:
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

Cool
This is the last photo
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Wow, that is some incredible wiring. With quality work like that in your build, it will last forever. Great job.
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

lastmanx wrote:Wow, that is some incredible wiring. With quality work like that in your build, it will last forever. Great job.
Thank you
I’ll finish it This week end
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

The buggy is looking great, I do have a question, why did you move the voltage regulator up to the front under the hood as opposed to leaving it on the engine? just curious.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

I put it in front to prevent water or mud from creating an electrical problem
under the dashboard he is safe