My new Manx

If you have a photos of your buggy then show off your stuff.
ManxManiac

Re: My new Manx

Post by ManxManiac »

I always wondered if you ever got your windshield flipped around!!! LOL Looks good & it looks like you've been enjoying it too!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
Bugmanx

Post by Bugmanx »

cvoharley wrote:I finally got the windshield flipped. Very easy to do with no issues. Spent the morning at the Treasure Coast V Dub show in Stuart, FL.

Wahou
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Yes I know this subject is many tears old. But just in case somebody looks at this : an experienced auto glass technician can remove the mirror tab if it was properly attached with professional "mirror bond" brand glue. Heat will loosen the glue. Just the exact amount of heat. It is done with a simple propane torch and then the tab is twisted and pulled in one motion to remove. Any remaining glue is easily removed with a new razor blade. IT IS NOT A PROCEDURE FOR NON EXPERIENCED GLASS TECH. OR PERSON. Just the right amount of heat; too much and the glass cracks, not enough heat the glass cracks when the tab is pulled removing a chunk of glass with it. Luckily every glass shop usually has at least one tech who can confidently do it. Pay him the $5.00 or $10.00 he wants. it is well worth it. If the tech says he can't guarantee no glass breakage, find another tech. I was a auto glass tech for over 25 years and was able to do it on $1000.00 new shields. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION I don't recommend glue-on rear view mirrors on buggy shields. The mirror is easily bumped breaking of the shield usually removing a chunk of glass or falling off (unglued) due to the heat of the sun; it happens on any auto. The rear view is only of the person sitting in the back seat. Or if top is up it is restricted. But if you want one for dot regs it works, like windshield wipers mounted but inoperable. Changing the glass around in the frame is more difficult by far.